- 3D Object Recognition from Range Images Using Pyramid Matching (with Xinju Li). Appeared at the 3dRR-07 workshop (shared the best paper award). PDF
- Out-of-core Remeshing of Large Polygonal Meshes (with Minsu Ahn and Seungyong Lee). To appear at Vis 2006. PDF
- Video Patch Replacement. A sketch at Siggraph 2006. PDF
- Kernel-based Template Alignment. Proceedings of CVPR06, June 2006 PDF
videos: one two three
- Robust Alignment of Multi-view Range Data to CAD Model (with Xinju Li and Jacob Barhak). Proceedings of SMI06. PDF
- Manifold-based Approach to Semi-regular Remeshing. In Graphical Models preprint(PDF)
Software is available here. The resulting semi-regular meshes can be compressed with Progressive Geometry Compression (PGC) software from Caltech.
- Multi-scale Features for Approximate Alignment of Point-based Surfaces (with Xinju Li). Proceedings of 3rd ACM Siggraph/Eurographics Symposium on Geometry Processing, Vienna, Austria (SGP05), July 2005. PDF
- Extracting Animated Meshes with Adaptive Motion Estimation (with Nizam Anuar). To appear in the Proceedings of the 9th International Fall Workshop on Vision, Modeling, and Visualization, November 2004. PDF (human jump animated sequence is available by request -- send me e-mail).
- Non-Replicating Indexing for Out-of-Core Processing of Semi-Regular Triangular Surface Meshes. To appear at the 13th International Meshing Roundtable, September 2004. PDF
- Wavelet Compression of Parametrically Coherent Mesh Sequences (with Andrei Khodakovsky). In Proceedings of ACM/EG Symposium on Computer Animation, August 2004. PDF (software is available upon request, just send me an e-mail, data sequences: cow, dance, jump, kanga )
data for Figure 8
data for Figure 7
- Multiscale Inverse Compositional Alignment for Subdivision Surface Maps. 2004. To appear in Proceedings of ECCV 2004. PDF,video(mpeg) video2(divx)
- Trackable Surfaces (with Sergey Klibanov and Ben Bryant) 2003. In Proceedings of ACM/EG Symposium on Computer Animation 2003.PDF Data and videos
- Compression of Normal Meshes (with Andrei Khodakovsky) 2003. In Geometric Modeling for Scientific Visualization, Springer-Verlag. PDF
- Real-time Tracking of Quad-Marked Surfaces (with Ben Bryant) 2002. In IEEE Workshop on Motion and Video Computing Proceedings (got the third place prize). PDF. Clips: one, two, and three.
- An Anisotropic Mesh Parameterization Scheme. In Proceedings of 11th International Meshing Roundtable 2002. lowres PDF
- Hybrid Meshes: Multiresolution using regular and irregular refinement (with Andrei Khodakovsky, Peter Schröder and Wim Sweldens). In Proceedings of ACM SoCG 2002. PDF
- Efficient Tracking of Regular Patterns on Non-rigid Geometry. Proceedings of ICPR 2002. PDF t-shirt sequences
- Direct Pattern Tracking on Flexible Geometry (with Leonid Zhukov). WSCG 2002. Available from here
- Normal Meshes (with Kiril Vidimce, Wim Sweldens, and Peter Schröder). Siggraph 2000. PDF ppt slides Data
- Multiresolution Signal Processing for Meshes (with Wim Sweldens and Peter Schröder). Siggraph 1999. PDF ppt slides demo version(sources are also available by request, just send me an e-mail).
- Wavelets on Irregular Point Sets (with Ingrid Daubechies, Wim Sweldens, and Peter Schröder), 1999. Phil.Trans.R.Soc.Lon.A. PDF